Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

PS3 vs 360: My Personal Opinions Rant

I honestly would refer to this as the "Debate that can never be settled".  That is, if you are a complete fan boy or girl of one or the other.  Have you ever tried to convince a fan boy or girl that the product they support is inferior to an opposing product?  I have.  It is fun watching them fume, I must admit.  However, I know better than to think I can sway them away from their opinion.  It just will NOT happen.  Out of most debates I have involved myself with, none were more heated than the battle of Playstation 3 versus the Xbox 360.

Although I do not consider myself to be a fan boy, I am an avid supporter of the Sony branded console.  However, I can find some good things to say about Micro$oft's console.  The LIVE service is great with loads of original Xbox games.  Being able to use MSN while gaming, all of that.  The only thing I do not like about the XBox 360 are the hardcore devoted fans of the console.  They DO go to a length in trying to explain WHY the 360 tops the PS3 but that length is very short.

The second most argument concerns the comparison if the two console's online services.  Yes, I agree that Xbox LIVE is a fairly better service.  However, while it may offer things such as a ton of Xbox classics and such, it is not light years ahead of the PSN as most fanboys like to think!  The most important element to an online service is of course the online gaming element.  The PSN handles this very well (when it's not being ruined because of hackers, anyway).  The type and variety of content is satisfactory and Playstation Plus is a nice option for rewarding the players willing to drop cash on the subscription.  The thing is, with the 360, you get what you pay for:  $60+ per year gives you access to a ton of content and services that tops playstations offerings (by a bit).  With Playstation however, you got a LOT for NOTHING as the initial service is free to use.  Playstation wins in the regard.  If Xbox live was free though, I doubt PSN would have a competing chance...

Now, the BIGGEST and most fucking annoying argument and reason why the Xbox 360 is superior is that the PS3 apparently "has no games".  This has got to be the most rediculously obnoxious and hypocritcal argument that can be made by a 360 fan boy.  Let's go ahead and count the exclusives, shall we?

Well known Xbox 360 exclusives:
  1. Halo
  2. Gears of War
  3. Left 4 Dead
  4. Fable
  5. Alan Wake
  6. Crack Down
  7. Saint's Row
  8. Infinite Undiscovery (although there are rumors that this could come to PS3)
Well know PS3 Exclusives
  1. Metal Gear Solid 4
  2. Little Big Planet
  3. Infamous
  4. Socom
  5. Uncharted
  6. DC Universe Online
  7. Killzone
  8. MAG
As you can see, for every Xbox 360 exclusive, there is a PS3 exclusive.  To say that the PS3 has NO games is utter bull shit.  The funniest thing of all, is that when a fanboy tries to defend the 360s apparent crapload of games, guaranteed and without fail, they will reference games like Call of Duty or Mass Effect which are ALSO ON PS3! 

Another thing I have noticed when comparing the online play (I have played both) is the difference in maturity between Playstation and Xbox gamers.  The maturity seems HIGHER when playing online.  Prime example being when I played Call of Duty: World at War online.  Note that I have played it online on BOTH consoles.  Playstation gamers seemed more relaxed and there simply to have FUN.  Don't get me wrong, it isn't perfect.  You will get the usual arrogant prick who is just there to ruin everyone's time.  When I played on XBOX however, it was a little more annoying.  It seemed like there was an abundance of pre-teens who like to swear and insult everyone just because they know they are well beyond punching distance.  They can talk smack because we can't pummel the living hell out of them.  They also accuse people who beat them of cheating.  If it wasn't for the ability to mute other players, I don't think I could handle it.

I will conclude this rant by saying that I am a gamer.  I will greatly lean towards Playstation, however I am capable of higlighting the positives of the other console.  Just don't try and tell me that the PS3 has no fucking games!!!  I'd like to point out that a few things on the PS3 list have recieved game of the year awards, too!

Hope this entertained in the slightest : )

-Jonathan Valor

4 comments:

  1. Hey, God of War series is PS exclusive as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chris - Forgot about GoW! I was only trying to show that PS3 has just as many games as 360 so as not to seem like I was the fan boy trying to better PS3 over xbox. Gimme another Xbox exclusive and I will edit, lol! I just can't think of any for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well xbox has kinect, which is kinda a big deal, but that's all I can think of, no other big game series

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chris - Yeah, me neither... I mean, I can think of some crappy games (like Viva pinata), lol

    ReplyDelete